God created the human race in his image. An image that should be treated with dignity, care, compassion and value.
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who partiipates in the life of the Church. No one should have to deal with the trauma of any abuse. That is why safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults is a priority to us. We follow the Diocese of Guildford's Safeguarding Guidelines and Requirements and Promoting a Safer Church: The Church of England’s Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults.
1. Promoting a safer environment and culture
2. Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults.
3. Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern and allegation.
4. Caring pastorally for victims/ survivors of abuse or other affected persons.
5. Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/ allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
6. Responding to those who may pose a present risk.
Contacts for Safeguarding Concerns:
Our Parish Safeguarding Officer: Julie Gale 07761 666866 0
Vicar: Neil Hopkins 07557 908383
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Jackie Broadfoot 07918 559387 (24 hours)
Local Authority Adults & Children's Social Care: 0300 470 9100
NSPCC: 0808 800 5000
Childline: 0800 1111
Stop it Now: 0800 1000 900
National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Mens Advice Line: 0808 8010 327
National Careline: 0800 0699 784
In an emergency, call 999
For further information, guidance and resources, please vist the Church of England website.